Top 10 iPhone apps for photographers in 2009
With technology becoming more and more important to us the iPhone has always been one of my favorite tools. It allows me to communicate quickly with my clients, I can always keep up with email, social networking all while on the go. There are some really great apps for photographers on the iPhone and since this year is winding down here is my top 10 list of iPhone apps for photographers.
1) Photoshop.com mobile – One thing that is missing from the iPhone built in camera is some basic image editing. Its always frustrating as a photographer to have an underexposed image but with photoshop mobile you can make simple edits to your iPhone photos.
2) Photogene – If you want to take your editing one step further check out Photogene. Photogene allows you to:
. – Enhance photos with multiple color adjustment options and a sharpen filter.
. – Crop and straighten.
. – Add fun effects like text balloons, frames or special filters.
3) BestCamera – Best camera is a really cool App by the renowed photographer Chase Jarvis. It allows you to apply filters to your photos and the final images can be shared on the bestcamera.com website. Best Camera provides a unique set of effects that can be applied at the touch of a button. Stack those effects. Mix them. Remix them. Virtually infinite creative possibility with your photos.
4) TiltShift Generator – This is one of my favorite apps. You can select any images in your iPhone libary and customize a tilt shift effect to the photo. By adjusting various parameters, it allows you to apply many ToyCamera effects on your pictures: from miniature pictures to vintage styles images. Its a really fun way to take some of your snapshots from your phone and get a really cool TiltShift look to them
5) Tweetie 2 – Social media is playing a larger and larger role in business every day. Twitter and facebook are really good tools for communicating with your clients, marketing your business to new clients and marketing with other photographers and professionals. I have used a few different twitter apps for the iPhone and tweetie 2 is the best. Some of the features it has are:
6) Facebook – another great social media tool that includes most features you have using facebook on your computer. A great way to keep up with people when you are on the go.
7) Pano – Another fun camera add on for your iPhone. This app lets you take multiple images and will stitch them together into a pretty flawless Panorama. After you take the first photo the next photo will have a light overlay on the left hand side of the screen that shows the prior image, so all you have to do is line up the image and then click the button. You can take up to 16 photos and it will stitch them all together.
8 ) PicPockets Jerry’s Greatest Clicks Vol 1
Jerry Ghionis is an amazing wedding photographer, I think one of the best in the world right now. His picpockets is a series of educational and inspirational images of some of his favorite works. He reveals the story, technique and exposure data of 50 of his iconic photos.
9) Doodle Jump – Ok, I know this app isn’t a photography app. It won’t help you streamline your business, take better photos or anything photo related. But after a busy day editing or shooting, we all need to have some fun and this is one of my favorite games for the iPhone. Its very simple and can provide lots of fun.
10) Photographer’s Workflow – Photographers workflow was created to help photographers keep organized and focused on what needs to be done for every job. This is a quick and easy way to create a series of tasks from any client project that will import to Googles online calendar.
What’s your favorite iPhone app? Leave a comment below with some apps you can’t live without.