I can’t believe that 2014 is almost over, another year has just flown by! I always love to spend a little time at the end of the year looking back and reflecting on the year. Here is a quick look at the articles that you all shared the most on social media over 2014. It’s always interesting to see what types of articles resonate the most with you all and helps me to plan out what to write going forward.
Drumroll please, here are the top 10 shared articles that we created in 2014:
10. The 10th most shared article this year was “Amazing Time Lapse photos from Gavin Heffernan”. Inspirational photos are always a big hit with you and this time lapse will be sure to inspire anyone to get out and shoot!
9. Next on the list was another collection of some inspiring photography! “Some awesome images of wildlife” showcases some really cool wildlife photography from around the web.
8. “20 Creative Photography Tumblr Blogs you should follow”. There are some amazing photographers sharing their work on Tumblr and this gives a top 20 list of top photographers to follow.
7. 7th on the list was “Exporting your photos in Lightroom for Facebook”. This article gave the best dimensions to export your photos in for use on Facebook and a useful infographic showing all of the dimensions for images on different parts of the Facebook page layout.
6. Another popular post was “Win a WD My Passport Wireless 1 TB Wi-Fi drive”. We have run a few different giveaways from time to time and these have always been popular. Who doesn’t like a free chance at winning something 😉 Be on the lookout for more giveaways coming in the future. Also follow our Facebook page where we run most giveaways here: https://www.facebook.com/DigitalPhotoBuzz
5. “Awesome images of real Game of Thrones locations”. This was one of my favorite collections of images to share, some really cool locations that are now all on my list of places to visit sometime!
4. I scaled down some of the iOS reviews that we used to do this year since there are so many apps out there and honestly many are too much of the same thing. Cinamatic looked like an interesting app and showed to be popular so maybe 2015 we will add more reviews up on the site. “Hipstamatic releases new Cinamatic video app” came in at the #4 spot this year.
3. Number 3 on the list was “Free Aperture to Lightroom Migration Tool”. With the news that Apple was discontinuing Aperture a popular topic was how to migrate data from Aperture to Lightroom.
2. “Analyze your Lightroom Catalog” is a free plugin that we reviewed that gives you some interesting insights into your Lightroom data.
1. The most popular article this year was “Hacking the Lightroom Splash screen”. This was a fun post that shows you how to change the image on the splash screen that comes up in Lightroom. It got over 1478 shares on social media!
A big thanks to everyone for a great 2014. I appreciate all of the questions that you had and look forward to connecting more in 2015.
If you like our articles remember to share them on Facebook, Twitter or +1 them on Google. I appreciate you spreading the word to your photo friends! Also remember to always start a conversation by leaving a Facebook comment at the bottom of the page.