Moving your Lightroom Presets from one computer to another
Lightroom presets can be a nice starting point for your images and a question I came across recently was “how can I easily transfer my Lightroom presets from one computer to another”. So many of us now have a main working computer and a laptop and need to move our presets from one computer to another. Moving Lightroom presets are super easy and i’ll walk through the process in a quick step by step guide:
- First head on over to your preset list in the develop module and right click on a preset. This will open up a new menu with an option to Show In Finder. Click on this option.
A new window will open up showing you the location of this preset. For a mac normally this folder directory looks like this Users –> Library –> Application Support –> Adobe –> Lightroom –> Develop Preset –> (folder name of preset) -> preset file.
- Navigate back a folder to the Develop Preset folder and then select all.
- Click Copy to copy these files to your clipboard.
- Paste these presets to an external storage solution. For small files like this a cloud based storage solution is perfect and also serves as a backup for your presets if your hard drive ever crashes.
- Now at your other computer do the same thing as step 1. Go to the preset list and right click a preset to find the location presets are stored. Paste in all of the presets from the external source you were saving them on.
- Close Lightroom, reopen and DONE! All of your presets will now appear
Do you have a question about Lightroom? Getting stuck on trying to get a certain look with your images? Let me know in the comments below and i’ll create an article.
If you like our articles remember to share them on Facebook, Twitter or +1 them on Google. I appreciate you spreading the word to your photo friends! Also remember to always start a conversation by leaving a Facebook comment at the bottom of the page.