Macphun which makes some interesting photography apps just acquired another app makes which has a Tilt Shift app for the Mac. Check out their press release below and i’ll be doing a full review of the app shortly so check back soon!
Del Mar, CA—December 6, 2013 — Macphun Software (www.macphun.com), a leading photography software developer with over 15 million users worldwide, today announced the release of Focus 2. The software enables photographers of all skill levels to easily add selective focus, creative blurring and tilt-shift effects to photos. Focus 2 joins the rest of Macphun’s line-up of consumer photography software that includes Snapheal, Intensify, ColorStrokes and Fx Photo Studio Pro, all of which are ranked among the Top 10 photo apps on the Mac App Store. To learn more, visit www.macphun.com/focus or visit the Mac App Store.
Focus 2 contains five aperture settings fine-tuned for specific types of photography such as Portrait, Landscape, Macro and Tilt-Shift. The latter helps create the popular “miniature” look in photos. A Custom Focus setting provides even greater control when applying focus and blur to images. Users can set the center focal point and amount of blur, while Vividness and Vignette features provide a professional finishing touch to images. “Focus and lens blurring effects are among the most popular techniques photographers use to draw attention in their images, but high quality results are often difficult to achieve without expensive lenses,” said Paul Muzok, co-founder and CEO of Macphun Software. “Focus 2 allows anyone to achieve a perfect focus and blurring effect with a few clicks,” Muzok concluded.
• Aperture settings optimized for Portrait, Nature, Architecture, Macro and Tilt-Shift, with
override controls to add or remove lens blur
• Custom Focus options for precision control
• Face recognition in the Portrait setting
• Vividness controls for boosting color
• Vignette controls for finishing touches
• One-click auto enhancement fixes contrast, color, brightness and more
• Crop, zoom, straighten and aspect ratio adjustment
• Real-time previews with LiveBlur™ technology
• Full gestures support: rotate, pinch, zoom, move and adjust blur strength with your fingers
• Save as a Focus 2 file to retain settings or export images to JPG, TIFF, PNG, PSD and more
• Send directly to iPhoto, Aperture or iCloud or share on popular social networks like Facebook, Twitter and Flickr
• Mavericks ready
Pricing and Availability
Focus 2 is available now from the Mac App Store for a special introductory price of $9.99, which is expected to increase to $14.99 in early 2014.
If you like our articles remember to share them on Facebook, Twitter or +1 them on Google. I appreciate you spreading the word to your photo friends! Also remember to always start a conversation by leaving a Facebook comment at the bottom of the page. I love to hear from you. Also let me know what your favorite iPad app is for photography in the comments below!