10 quick lightroom tips
Lightroom, just like any post production software has many hidden little tricks and shortcuts that can save you tons of time. Since there are many ways to customize your view Lightroom has many hot keys that will let you navigate around the program. Here are 10 little Lightroom tips that can help you out:
10 quick lightroom tips for photographers
1. When in the Develop Module click the \ button to quickly view the original image before any adjustments were made. Click the button again to go back to the final version.
2. Use the Tab key to quickly turn on/off the side menu items.
3. Sometimes you eyes can get distracted with all of the options surrounding your image. You have photos on the bottom and menus on the sides. Click the L button to dim those items around the image and the L button again to make them black. This is a great way once you are finished with editing an image to evaluate the photo.
4. Seeing the number count in subfolders. If you have items in folder and subfolders you might not be seeing the total number of images in the subfolders. To turn this on go to Library–>Show Photos in Subfolders.
5. See what is being clipped. Just click J to toggle on the clipping warnings. This will show any highlights being clipped as red and any shadows being clipped as blue.
6. Click the F key to go through the different screen modes. If you want to reset everything to the normal screen mode just click Command plus Option plus F (on a PC control plus alt plus F). This will return you to the normal screen mode.
8. Quickly want to change your white balance. Just click W to pull up the white balance color picked and click on a white area to adjust.
10. If you ever want to see all of the shortcuts for the module you are in just click Command and / (mac, for windows ctrl and /)
If you want to learn more about Lightroom here are some of our other top Lightroom tutorials:
We also love to hear your questions, if you would like anything covered in the future just leave a comment below.
If you like our articles remember to share them on Facebook, Twitter or +1 them on Google:
To make sure you don’t miss a post subscribe to our email updates. Your info is always safe and we will never spam you or share your email with anyone.